Volunteering Application - Oak Meadows Therapeutic Riding Center - Wildomar, California
Lesson volunteers work directly with our Instructors, Therapists and staff members providing assistance before, during and after a rider's lesson. Trained to become Sidewalkers and Leaders, each member of the volunteer team has a specific responsibility. Working directly with the rider, Sidewalkers are a helpful extension of the Instructor, giving encouragement and physical support. Working directly with the horse, Leader's groom, tack and lead the horse at the walk and trot throughout the lesson. This is not the same as volunteering at Oak Meadows Ranch. This is for assisting the equine therapist. aat Oak Meadows Ranchiss notn not the same as vo
1. Must be 14 years of age or older (horse experience not required).
2. Must attend an orientation and pass the volunteer training.
3. Must be able to walk and briskly jog on uneven ground throughout a 45 minute lesson.
4. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. (e.g., saddle).
5. Must commit to a regular weekly, same day and same time, schedule.
1. Don't be late! Arrive 20 minutes prior to your lesson time.
2. Be willing to learn and follow "The Oak Meadows Therapeutic Riding Center Way" procedures.
3. Be willing to help with staff with all barn chores.
4. Be able to perform volunteer tasks with minimal supervision.
5. Be willing to attend continuing education and training classes offered throughout the year.
Volunteer dependability is essential for the smooth running of our riding program. We ask our volunteers for a weekly commitment to provide consistency for our riders.